The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Signatories’ personal identifiers i.e. name and contact details
How we get the personal information and why we have it
- The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you
- We will use the information to share updates with you about the network and to invite you to forums, discussions and upcoming events
- We will, with your consent, publish your name, name of institution (if applicable) and geographical location on our website to facilitate the building of relationships across the network
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
How we store your personal information
- Your information is securely stored in the KEN global office
- We will keep your personal identifiers for the duration of your involvement with the Knowledge Equity Network. We will regularly review consent to 1) check that your involvement has not changed and 2) check that our processing and purposes have not changed
- If you withdraw consent or leave the Network, we will then dispose of your information by securely and permanently deleting your data
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Knowledge Equity Network, Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk